Otterbourne Village Halls – Conditions of Lettings:
- The Otterbourne Village Hall Committee (hereinafter referred to as “OVHC”) have the absolute right to cancel a booking if they deem it to be necessary for whatever reason.
- The balance of your hire fee is due 4 weeks prior to your hire date. Keys can be picked up from Williams Garage (NISA Shop), that’s the garage on the main road in the village (That does not sell Petrol) on either the Thursday or Friday of your hire week, their staff know that you are to be issued with a set of Keys for which ever Suite you are hiring. Keys can be returned to Williams garage (NISA Shop) either on the Sunday or Monday. Opening Hours are 0800 until 2200.
- Hirers must co-operate fully, and at all times with any representative of OVHC.
- There must not be any unnecessary noise after 11.45pm and PREMISES must be vacated by midnight.
- OVHC are not permitted to hire the Halls to anyone under the age of 21.
- Hirers are responsible for leaving the halls in a clean and tidy condition. Tables and chairs to be returned to the chair cupboard prior to vacating after the hire period.
- All hired in equipment :- Chairs, Tables Kitchen equipment, BBQ’s To be removed from our premises, grounds by 0800 on the following Sunday morning. Floor coverings are required for B.B.Q’s.
- Except for willful negligence on the part of OVHC, OVHC shall not be responsible for any loss of, or damage to, the Hirers or any third parties property arising out of the hiring, nor for any loss, damage, or injury which may be incurred by, or be done to or happen to, any person or persons using the building during the hiring, arising from any cause whatsoever.
- These premises are licensed, therefore the hirers are not permitted to sell alcohol within these halls nor to include alcohol in the price of a ticket unless the Hirer has first agreed with OVHC and uses the licence arrangements held by OVHC for the sale and consumption of alcohol and complies strictly with its terms and agreement. Under no circumstances may alcohol be sold to or bought for a child or young person (under the age of 18 years)
- No alcohol may be consumed by persons under the age of 18 save that a young person (16 to 18 years old) may consume only Beer, Wine or Cider but only at a seated table meal.
- No gambling or entertainment of an adult or sexual nature shall be permitted when children or young persons are present.
- No person under the age of 18 years is to be admitted to films/DVD shows when they are below classification of the item being presented
- These premises are deemed a NO SMOKING ZONE. Your co-operation in this matter is appreciated.
- Please be aware of risk assessment and health and safety issues whilst using these halls.
- Do not block passageways, or fire exit doors under any circumstances.
- Commercial users / Hirers must have their own insurance indemnity and public liability in place whilst using these premises.
- Cars are left at their owners risk whilst parked on Village Hall land. ‘Overnight Parking’ by pre-arrangement with the hall manager.
- Stage ropes, pulleys, backdrops are not to be (under any circumstances) tampered with.
- Hall capacities:
Chamberlayne Suite – 200 for Conferences, 150 for Discos, 120 for Wedding Breakfast, 150 for Wedding Buffet and 120 for Barn Dances
John and Betty Mobbs Suite – 80.
Bianchi Suite – 50
- These halls are monitored on a C.C.T.V. System and are self-alarming at 0030. Please note our Alarm systems are connected to the local Police network, and three committee members mobile phones.
- In this Clause “Force Majeure Event” means an event beyond the reasonable control of Otterbourne Village Hall including but not limited to strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes, failure of a utility service or transport network, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, terrorist acts, sabotage, public demonstration, compliance with any law or governmental or regulatory order, accident, fire, flood, storm or default of suppliers or subcontractors. If Otterbourne Village Hall is unable to honour any hiring as a result of a Force Majeure Event then it shall not be deemed to be in breach of the Hire Agreement or otherwise liable to the Hirer for any losses the hirer may suffer and the hirer shall be repaid all sums paid under the Hire Agreement subject to the deduction of an amount equal to the sum of the costs incurred by the OVHC up to termination and that part of the Hire Charge (if any) attributable to that part of the Hire Period which has elapsed prior to such termination.
- If the Village Hall are providing a BAR for the hirer and the Bar Staff are made aware that The Hirer or His / Her guests are consuming their own alcohol that they have brought into the premises, then the Bar will be immediately closed down and the Police will be informed, there will be no re-address from the Committee in this eventuality. If the Hirer is providing Alcohol (free of Charge) then Licensing Laws still need to be adhered too, Alcohol not to be served after 2300 (11 P.M.)
Dated and Updated 8th March 2018, Otterbourne village hall – Management Committee.